Career Guidance Program for High School Students – Chowringhee High
“If you fail to plan, you plan to fail”
Forty eager, enthusiastic and excited students of Classes IX & X trooped into the school hall for a Career Guidance Program for High School Students to begin the thought process of their future. The Career Workshop charted out a matrix for these young minds to draw their road map into achieving their individual goals.
What is Career Guidance Program – what was the focus of the talk
The students were initiated into getting their career wheels in motion. The talk revolved around on what they love to do, what they are good at doing, what the country/ world requires, and last but not least, what will be monetarily rewarding to them.
Jason Pote from Cygnus Centre of Excellence conducted this career guidance workshop for the students.
Career Talk for the students
This was their first experience of a glimpse into what lies ahead of them beyond school life. The slogan that initiated the talk was “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail” They realized the need for planning ahead and initiating their career plans at this stage , while in high school to have the right focus in life and to achieve their goals. They also needed to understand how to realize their strengths and interest areas and the opportunities that lie ahead. They also learn how to nurture their skills, knowledge and enhance their abilities to make a mark in a world that will offer challenges and stiff competition. They need to identify their goals and identify their interests and strengths at the onset
We Have Been Featured
Feedback about the Career Guidance Program
We sought feedback and a open session inviting questions and comments from the students after the career talk was delivered
When asked “Was today’s session effective”- all students answered in the affirmative and every one said they looked forward to more
“What did you like most about the session?”:-
- Tanisha Sharma (Class X)- “The way he told the story in the end to keep our axe sharp at all times”
- Zahida Parveen (ClassX)- “The teacher was very friendly and i didn’t feel like going home”
- Farhan Ahmed (Class IX)- “It open our eyes and i can now know what to do in my future”
- Mahima Nayak (Class IX)- “The way Sir was communicating with us”
- Khusi Patel: (Class IX) “To start planning from today”
“How have you benefitted from the session?”
- Tanisha Sharma (Class X)- “I actually got to learn something about myself in which i am good”
- Zaheeda Parveen (Class X}- “Before this session i didn’t know what to do in the future, but now i understand what to do”
Tanisha Sharma interestingly requested a workshop for parents. It was great to see that the young girl though that parents need to be made aware as well so that they can guide and support their wards.
We came away with a sense of fulfillment and feel enthused to carry on our endeavour of exploring new horizons with young minds.